You haven’t had a chicken salad like these chicken salad stuffed artichokes! With such an appetizing texture and flavor, you won’t even miss the bread from a traditional chicken salad. It’s that good!
What’s in Stuffed Artichokes?
This delicious artichoke chicken salad is made with simple ingredients that you’ll likely already have at home! The salad is made up of tender chicken, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, bell pepper, red onion, celery, almonds, and dijon mustard while the artichokes are soaked in lemon water and cooked to perfection.
- Artichokes: You’ll need 2-3 medium artichokes for this recipe. We soak our artichokes and give them a long boil, so they are nice and tender.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is a necessity for chicken salad! If you’re vegan, a vegan-friendly substitute will work just fine.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt adds just the right amount of tang to give this chicken salad lots of great flavor.
- Vegetables: Bell peppers, red onions, and celery give this chicken salad recipe that crunch factor everyone loves about the dish.
- Almonds: We used slivered almonds in this recipe, but you are more than welcome to cut up the almonds yourself.
- Lemon: All you need is a squeeze of lemon and some wedges to complete this delicious meal.
- Mustard: Dijon mustard offers a nice pungent flavor that you can’t get with other mustards.
- Salt and Pepper: A sprinkle of salt and pepper will bring out all the delicious flavors of this creamy chicken salad.
- Chicken: Make sure you cook and shred your chicken before starting this recipe!
Variations on Artichoke Stuffing
If you’re looking to spice up these chicken salad stuffed artichokes, try changing up the chicken salad filling. You could try adding cut grapes, apples, raisins, or craisins for a fruitier salad. Or switch up the spices and flavors by making curried chicken salad, honey mustard chicken salad, or mango chicken salad. You could even opt to fill these artichokes with chicken potato salad or chicken pasta salad.
The great thing about this recipe is you can use precooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken is awesome for this as it’s easy and has great flavor. You can of course roast your own chicken, that would be delicious too, it’s all down to how much time and effort you have available!
The chicken should be fully cooked (any method is fine) before mixing with other ingredients. This instant pot chicken breast recipe is easy, or buy a pre-cooked chicken to use.
We’re using both mayo and Greek yogurt for this chicken salad, but you can use all Greek yogurt if you prefer. It’s super creamy, but much lighter than mayo!
This is great soon after the salad is assembled, it also takes on a deeper flavor after a few hours in the fridge. You can shred/dice the chicken several days in advance, then mix and serve.
How to Store Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
Store leftover chicken salad stuffed artichokes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy chilled.
What to Serve with Chicken Stuffed Artichokes
These chicken salad stuffed artichokes are satisfying on their own, but if you’d like to make this dish a complete meal, we highly recommend trying it with Roasted Butternut Squash, Oven Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Tater Tots, or Garlic Parmesan Fries.
Chicken Salad Stuffed Artichokes Recipe
- 2 medium artichokes
- ½ cup mayonnaise store-bought or homemade
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup diced bell pepper any color
- 1 rib celery diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Lemon wedges optional, for serving
- Cut off part or all of the artichoke stem, and trim off the small leaves at the base. Place them in a large bowl and fill it with cold water with a squeeze of lemon juice for 1 hour.2 medium artichokes
- Meanwhile, make the chicken salad. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, bell pepper, celery, onion, almonds, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well, then stir in the shredded chicken and season to taste. Cover the bowl and refrigerate.½ cup mayonnaise, ⅓ cup Greek yogurt, ½ cup diced bell pepper, 1 rib celery, ½ cup diced red onion, ¼ cup slivered almonds, ½ lemon, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, Ground black pepper, 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- When ready to serve, put the artichokes in a large pot of water set over medium-high heat and bring it to a low boil. Simmer them for 20-25 minutes, or until the base is easily pierced with a knife and a leaf pulls away easily.
- Drain and rinse them in a colander, then allow them to cool fully.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the artichoke in half lengthwise. Lay the two halves flat and use a teaspoon to scoop out all of the thistle, leaving as much of the meaty heart intact as possible.
- Divide the chicken salad between the halves of artichokes and serve with lemon wedges.Lemon wedges
- Let the artichokes fully cool before stuffing.
- Feel free to add in some grapes, apples, or raisins!
- This dish is best served chilled.