Healthy Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce is so delicious and creamy, you’ll never believe it doesn’t actually include any cream at all! Made with homemade Cashew Cream Sauce, you’ll never miss that heavy cream. This Creamy Parmesan Chicken is simply one of our favorite easy chicken recipes!
Healthy Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce (With Cashew Cream!)
This Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce is SO GOOD! Creamy chicken recipes are simply the best. Especially when they’re so juicy and tender like this extra creamy cashew & parmesan sauce chicken. This cashew & parmesan sauce chicken is so easy to make. The cashew cream is perfect for substituting heavy creams without missing the rich creamy texture. Did I mention that it’s also super delicious?
The basic ingredients for this extra creamy cashew & parmesan sauce chicken are:
- Chicken breasts
- Coconut oil
You can pretty much go wild and add any of your favorite veggies in this creamy cashew & parmesan sauce chicken recipe. For this recipe I have paired my cashew & parmesan sauce chicken with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onions. The combination is to die for, and it’s super healthy as well!
Creamy Parmesan Sauce that’s made with ZERO CREAM
This is real! I can’t wait for you to try it. YES you can make a super creamy sauce that’s actually dairy free (except for the added parmesan cheese). YUM!
What to pair with Chicken in Cashew Cream Sauce
Don’t have these veggies in your fridge? Don’t worry! One of the reason that this recipe is so perfect is that you can add any veggies you have available and it will still be equally yummy. I’ve tried it with broccoli and carrots and believe me when I say this, broccoli and carrots never tasted so good.
Creamy and cheesy veggies paired with juicy chicken. Who can resist?
What does Parmesan Cream Sauce made with Cashew Cream taste like?
While sometimes cashew cream on it’s own can be a little too nutty for some, I promise you, combining it with parmesan, coconut oil & healthy veggies does the trick. It’s a whole game-changer in giving your food that creamy texture without having to use heavy cream. This sauce is incredibly easy to make and oh so delicious! Like, take a spoon and eat it on it’s own delicious or dip your bread in it while you are it! Which you are more than prompted to do!
How to make Cashew Cream Sauce
Make sure you plan from the night before to soak your cashews in the water. This will give them a much smoother texture when pulsed, which is perfect for the creamy cashew & parmesan sauce. If you can’t plan ahead, make sure they soak in the fridge for at least an hour!
For this recipe I used a non-stick pan to saute and cook everything and then transferred them all to a casserole to bake it in the oven. If you’re one of those people who like to minimize your dishwashing load, go ahead and turn this recipe into a one-skillet cashew & parmesan sauce chicken one. The result is exactly the same and equally delicious!
To complete this meal serve it with some carbs. Because, is a meal ever really complete without carbs? Let the creamy cashew & parmesan sauce be the star of your dish and choose something simple like white rice or quinoa.
On these cold rainy winter months cooking should be all about cozy comfort food. This meal will become your family’s favorite. It’s hearty but healthy, perfect for a family dinner! After all, is there anything more comforting than a big plate full of creamy deliciousness?
No Heavy Cream – Guilt Free Creamy Recipe!
This, no-heavy cream, no butter, no-milk creamy cashew & parmesan sauce chicken is so easy to make. Once your cashew cream is ready, all you have to do is cook your chicken, cook you veggies, mix it all up, bake it for a bit in the oven, and done! So easy. Baking the chicken in the cashew & parmesan sauce makes it extra tender and juicy.
Finish off with some fresh herbs and enjoy!
Oh, and a glass of wine would be great with it too!
What to pair with Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce:
Other Easy Chicken Recipes you might love:
- Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Fajitas
- Southwest Chicken Bake
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- Homemade Buffalo Wings
Healthy Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce (NO Heavy Cream!)
CASHEW CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups unsalted raw cashews
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
CREAMY CHICKEN IN PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan
- 3 thyme stems
CASHEW CREAM INSTRUCTIONS
- Night before prep: soak cashews in 3 cups of cool water leave them overnight in the fridge. If you can’t plan ahead make sure you let them soak for at least an hour.
- Add in a blender the cashews & olive oil.
- Slowly add the water from the cashews, and pulse until creamy. Stop adding water when the sauce is creamy but not too watery. This should be about ⅔ of the water.
CREAMY CHICKEN IN PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Salt & Pepper the chicken breasts
- Use a non-stick pan to cook chicken in olive oil, on medium heat. Cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil in the same pan
- Add the tomato, sliced onions and mushrooms in the pan and saute for 10 minutes, on medium heat.
- While you saute the veggies, preheat your oven at 350F (180C)
- Stir and slowly add the chicken broth, cashew cream and parmesan. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the cashew & parmesan sauce in casserole. Add the chicken on top and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven, garnish with thyme stems and serve while warm!
This recipe was contributed by Michaella at Well + Yum.