This post is sponsored by ButcherBox All opinions are my own.
We recently tried ButcherBox and were blown away by the quality, value, and overall ease of ordering sustainable meats straight to your door. Here is our honest review of our experience. Scroll down to see ButcherBox’s major offer of Free Chicken Breast for a year!
Honest ButcherBox Review
The last couple of years have been all about convenience for me, which usually means getting my groceries delivered. So trying out ButcherBox, a meat delivery subscription box, felt like a no-brainer for me!
Getting all of my beef, chicken, and pork sent to my door sounds so much easier than going to the butcher or grocery store every week.
I wanted to see how exactly Butcherbox works and whether it’s really worth it. I always recommend using organic, free-range chicken for my recipes if you can, but it’s not always accessible. So the promise of sustainably-sourced meats and poultry really caught my attention!
I’m sharing all the details about this service, and my honest review of ButcherBox as a whole. So if you’re thinking about trying this out, keep reading for what to expect!
What is ButcherBox?
ButcherBox is a meat delivery subscription box service. It delivers high-quality, sustainable meats and poultry right to your door!
There are lots of options to choose from, so you can get a box that works for you, on your own schedule.
- Choose from chicken, beef, pork, and seafood.
- Get a curated box or a custom box.
- Choose how often you want it delivered.
This is a totally hassle-free, commitment-free subscription box. There’s no membership fee, you just pay for each box, always with free shipping.
Benefits of Using ButcherBox
- High Quality: All meat is sustainably-sourced and hormone-free. The chicken is free-range organic, the beef is 100% grass-fed and grass-finished, the pork is humanely-raised crate-free, and the seafood is wild-caught.
- Stock Your Freezer: These products are great for freezing, so you can store and keep them fresh long-term! You’ll always have something ready to defrost and cook for dinner.
- Convenient: Having all of your meat and poultry delivered to your home is so much easier than heading to the grocery store or butcher every week.
- Flexible: You can get your box delivered on your schedule, whether that’s every single month, more often, or less. And you can easily pause or delay your subscription as needed, or cancel without penalty.
- Reliable: You never have to worry about where your meat comes from or question the quality. And you will always have it waiting for you at your door when you need it.
FREE Chicken Breast for a Year
I’m SO excited to be partnering with ButcherBox to offer anyone who signs up through my curated link Free Chicken Breasts for a year!
With every box you order through my custom link, you’ll get 3 pounds of free chicken breasts. It’s that simple. Just click HERE to check out the details.
This deal IS ONLY FOR EASY CHICKEN RECIPE readers, and I feel so honored to be offering it to you today!
How the ButcherBox Service Works
ButcherBox is an extremely easy and straightforward subscription service. They source all the meat and chicken to stock up each box, then you just have to do a couple of simple things.
- Sustainably-Sourced: Butcherbox sources meat, poultry, and seafood from farmers and fishermen who meet the highest standards.
- Choose Your Box: Choose from 5 box options (4 curated, or a custom box) and the delivery frequency. You can change this any time!
- Get Your Delivery: The box is delivered to your door in an insulated, eco-friendly, recyclable box. The meat arrives frozen-for-freshness, and is kept at the right temperature for food safety.
- Cook and Enjoy: Store your meats in the fridge or freezer, then cook them whenever you need them!
I love that you get to choose from different types of boxes for every delivery, and there are lots of options!
Curated or Custom
- Curated: You can get one of four boxes curated by Butcherbox each month, based on the type of meats you want. Get an all beef box, a mix of beef and chicken (my favorite), a mix of beef and pork, or a variety box that could include beef, pork, chicken, and seafood.
- Custom: If you want to be in full control of what you get, make a custom box! You can choose exactly which cuts you want, so you can plan your meals ahead of time.
Classic or Big
- Classic: The classic size boxes are perfect for a family of 4, or smaller households.
- Big: If you have a big family, cook a lot of meat, or just want the best overall value, the big boxes are ideal. They are typically twice as big as the classic box.
What kind of meat comes in each box?
Each box differs based on the general types of meat that will be included. It will either be all beef, or a mix of beef, chicken, pork, and seafood, depending on your preference.
You’ll receive a variety of cuts in each box, and these are just a few of the possibilities that you might receive (there are more than 25 cuts to choose from). Your box will likely be different each month, unless you make yours custom.
- Beef: Ground beef, steak tips, sirloin steak, ground chuck, beef brisket.
- Chicken: boneless skinless chicken breast, drumsticks, thighs, chicken tenders.
- Pork: pork tenderloin, pork chops, bacon, pork ribs.
- Seafood: salmon, scallops.
Is ButcherBox chicken free-range?
Yes! All chicken included in your box is sustainably-sourced for the best quality. It’s free-range, USDA-certified organic, humanely-raised, and free of antibiotics and hormones. It’s high-quality, so it’s good for you and good for the planet. And in my experience, it tastes great and works so well in all of my favorite chicken recipes.
How much does ButcherBox cost?
Buying high-quality, sustainable meat products at the store is definitely more costly than the conventional options. But if you want the quality, this meat delivery subscription makes it easy to know exactly how much you’ll be spending. Here’s a quick look at the cost for each box.
- Curated Box (Classic): $146 per box, for 8-11 lbs. of meat.
- Curated Box (Big): $269 per box, for 16-22 lbs. of meat.
- Custom Box (Classic): $169 per box, for 9-14 lbs. of meat.
- Custom Box (Big): $306 per box, for 18-26 lbs. of meat.
When you consider how many meals each box can make, and break it down to price-per-serving, you’ll start to see the value add up!
Is ButcherBox cheaper than the grocery store?
If you already buy organic, sustainably-sourced meats (like grass-fed beef and free-range organic chicken), then the price is comparable. When you factor in the quality of the meats (always the highest quality and best taste), the convenience, and the reliability, it can end up being a better value and more accessible than your local grocery store.
Yes, all meat is frozen-for-freshness, and delivered to your door at a safe temperature.
You can store meats according to usual storage guidelines. So you can keep everything in the freezer long-term!
This means the chickens have access to the outdoors seasonally, so they can get fresh air and natural light, with no cages. It’s better for their well-being and welfare.
ButcherBox sources all meat, poultry, and seafood from sustainable farmers and fishermen.
You know we love chicken here! The curated boxes contain a mix of beef, chicken and poultry. But if you want an all-chicken box, you can order a custom box!
Who Should try ButcherBox?
So ButcherBox sounds great, but you’re probably wondering if it’s really worth it, or if it’s going to work for you. If any of these points resonate with you, I think you will benefit the most from this meat delivery subscription box!
- Family Cooking: If you’re cooking for a family of 4 or more, the amount of meat and poultry you get every month is just perfect! You can get the classic or big box based on your household size.
- Sustainable: If sustainability is part of your everyday lifestyle, this service fits right in. You’ll appreciate the sustainable meat products and the efficient packaging.
- Cost Effective: If you’re already buying organic meats, grass-fed beef, and free-range chicken, this makes it easy to get the high-quality stuff you love to cook with, at a great price!
- Busy: If you never seem to have time to get to the grocery store, the convenience of meat delivery can’t be beat!
- Variety: If you like using different types of meats, and lots of different cuts, the variety of a curated box will make your weekly dinners fun and interesting. Or stick to your favorites with a custom box.
So is ButcherBox Worth It?
ButcherBox feels like a great addition to my routine. And if you are looking for high-quality meat and chicken, that is convenient and cost-effective, then I think you’ll find it helpful too.
Don’t forget that you can get 3 pounds of chicken breasts in every box for FREE for a full year when you sign up for a new membership (⬅ Click for offer). That’s a lot of chicken for a lot of delicious meals!