Move over, cheeseburger sliders – Buffalo Chicken Sliders are taking the spotlight! The shredded chicken in these sliders is made with an array of flavorful seasonings, and the homemade bleu cheese slaw is beyond mouthwatering. Prepare to meet your new favorite buffalo chicken dish!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Bleu Cheese Slaw
Football games, pool parties, potlucks, fun weeknight dinners… It’s hard to think of an occasion where I wouldn’t want to make these buffalo chicken sliders! If you like that deliciously bold buffalo flavor, you’re going to absolutely love this easy slider recipe.
These days, sliders are taking the spotlight away from sandwiches. Be sure to check out my recipe for Chicken Parmesan Sliders!
Why You’ll Love this Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe:
- Flavorful: When it comes to sauces, it doesn’t get much more flavorful than buffalo sauce. These sliders are loaded with delicious buffalo flavor!
- Filling: Although sliders might be smaller than your usual sandwich, these are packed with shredded chicken and bleu cheese slaw on a thick pretzel bun. They’re sure to fill you up in no time!
- Baked: Baking them is really what separates these sliders from the rest. While you could certainly eat these sliders without putting them in the oven first, baking them for just a few minutes makes the pretzel bun perfectly crisp, and it warms up the sliders deliciously.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Bleu Cheese Slaw
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Make the buffalo sauce.
- Season the shredded chicken before adding the buffalo sauce to it.
- Place the bottom halves of the pretzel buns into a baking dish.
- Add a scoop of buffalo chicken to the bottom halves of the pretzel buns.
- Place the top of the pretzel bun on top of the chicken, then bake the sliders.
- Make the homemade bleu cheese slaw.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and add the bleu cheese slaw on top of the buffalo chicken.
- Serve, and enjoy!
How should I make the shredded chicken?
Honestly, it’s easiest to just buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and shred it! If you want to make your own at home though, it’s also easy to just boil the chicken breast, then shred it with two forks.
Have any leftover shredded chicken? No worries – here’s 44 Ways to Use Shredded Chicken!
Can I make these spicier?
While these sliders already have a spicy kick just as they are, there are certainly ways to crank up the heat! The easiest way to make these sliders spicier is to add more hot sauce and cayenne pepper to the chicken.
You could also add crushed red pepper to the chicken mix, but only if you really want them to have a lot of spice.
How long will they stay fresh?
If you plan on having leftovers or making these ahead, do NOT assemble them until you’re ready to serve! The buffalo chicken and bleu cheese slaw will both stay fresh in the fridge, in airtight containers, for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to make them, or reheat them, just assemble as the directions say. You’ll want to leave them in the oven for just a minute or two longer, though.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- On average, most people will just eat 2 of these sliders. If you’re making them for a party, plan on making at least 2 per person!
- Don’t leave the sliders in the oven for too long. If they bake for a long time, the pretzel buns could burn, and the chicken might dry out.
- When you’re assembling the sliders, try to make sure that there’s an even amount of buffalo chicken and bleu cheese slaw. Both elements of the sliders are delicious, and you don’t want to miss out on either!
Easy to make and impossible to resist buffalo chicken sliders will definitely be the star of the dinner table, party, or tailgate! Wherever you end up serving them, just be ready to share this recipe.
More Buffalo Chicken recipes we love
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
For the Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 12 Pretzel bread sliders
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup franks red hot
For the Bleu Cheese Slaw
- ½ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 stalks celery diced
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Cook the chicken your favorite way and shred. Set aside in a large bowl. *You can also buy rotisserie chicken to save time, or simply boil the chicken in 3 cups of chicken broth*.
- Prepare the buffalo sauce. Add butter to a small saucepan over low heat and melt. Stir in the minced garlic and turn up heat to medium. Cook for 30 seconds, then pour in the hot sauce. Whisk and bring up to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, black pepper, paprika, basil, celery salt, cumin, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Use a spoon to mix. Then, pour in the buffalo sauce and stir to evenly coat.
- Add pretzel buns to a casserole dish or baking sheet and cut in half. Remove the top of the buns and set aside.
- Add a scoop of buffalo chicken to the bottom half of each slider. Return the top bun onto the sliders and place in the oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes. This adds a delicious crisp to the bread.
- While the sliders are baking, prepare bleu cheese slaw. Add bleu cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add diced celery, matchstick carrots, and thinly sliced red onion. Stir to coat.
- Remove the sliders from the oven. Add a scoop of bleu cheese slaw into each slider, or serve on the side. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 sliders. Serving size is 2 sliders per person. If making for dinner, we usually eat 2 servings each.
- To save time, use cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken. Easy!
Leave a Review