This Easy Baked Chicken recipe serves up the juiciest, most flavorful chicken! Coated with honey, orange and a host of herbs, then cooked in the oven until golden with mouthwatering crisp edges. Easy by name, tasty by nature!
This Easy Baked Chicken recipe is a dish you’ll be coming back to again and again! It’s so simple but delivers the juiciest, tastiest chicken. Perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Serve with salad, fries, mash, whatever takes your fancy!
Table of Contents
How To Make This Easy Baked Chicken Recipe – Step by Step
The Best Easy Baked Chicken Recipe!
You truly need minimal planning, if any, for this baked chicken recipe. Only 5 mins prep then pop it in the oven. The delicious honey/butter sauce is simplicity itself but so flavorful. The Once the chicken legs are seasoned, this hands-free, so you can get on with life (or chill out) for half an hour!
Chicken legs are a dark meat cut of chicken consisting of both a thigh and drumstick. As much as chicken breast are lovely, the dark meat (including chicken thighs) carries so much more flavor.
Keeping the skin on helps seal in the juices and it comes out crisp and delicious! Even if you decide not to eat the skin, I’d suggest cooking these chicken legs with the skin on.
What To Serve With This Dish
It’s chicken so it can marry up with so many sides! You could go for creamy coleslaw, or roast/mash/scalloped potatoes, perhaps a wedge salad if you are going for a lighter bite, but really anything goes!
Top Tips For Easy Baked Chicken
- Before coating, pat the chicken dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture on the skin.
- Place on a lined baking sheet uncovered and bake until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with roast potatoes or mash. If you’re after a lighter meal go for a caprese or wedge salad.
- If you have leftovers, they’ll keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Or, you can freeze them for up to four months.
Check Out These Other Great Baked Chicken Recipes
- Butter Baked Chicken Recipe
- Extra Crispy Chicken Fingers Recipe
- Garlic and Herb Chicken Wings
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
have you tried this Easy Baked Chicken? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Best Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- Juice of ½ orange
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven at 180C/350F
- Line baking sheet with baking paper
- Place leg quarters on baking paper
- In a small pot melt butter on medium/low heat
- Add honey, rosemary leaves, orange juice, salt, pepper, ground coriander in melted butter and stir until well combined
- Drizzle butter/honey mixture over chicken legs
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180C/350F