Chicken Enchilada Dip is a creamy, cheesy crowd pleaser! This baked chicken dip is filled with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, cream cheese, black beans, and so much more. It’s an easy party dip that everyone will love!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
This creamy, cheesy, oven baked chicken enchilada dip recipe is so easy and so delicious!
This hot dip is a multi layered, ooey gooey, cheesy bowl of unadulterated yumminess! It’s made with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, and cream cheese, plus all the best Mexican food ingredients.
This recipe make a large portion, so it’s perfect for a parties, tailgating, or game day!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Dip Recipe:
- Cheesy: Chicken enchilada dip is made with cream cheese and shredded cheese, which means it’s super creamy and cheesy!
- Oven Baked: Everything bakes together in the oven, and comes out nice and hot. It’s so tasty!
- Party Perfect: This baked dip makes enough for a crowd! Serve it up at any party of gathering.
- Chicken: Cook chicken breast and shred according to the instructions in the recipe card. Or you can make this Instant Pot shredded chicken ahead of time so it’s ready to use.
- Enchilada Sauce: Our homemade option is made with crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and lots of tasty spices.
- Cheese: We use both cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Onion and Garlic
- Black Beans
- Optional Toppings: Avocado, sour cream, cilantro, black olives, jalapenos.
Don’t forget the tortilla chips for dipping!
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook and shred the chicken, then combine ingredients to make the enchilada sauce.
- Combine onions, sauce, shredded chicken, black beans, and cream cheese in a skillet, and cook until everything is melted and mixed together.
- Add in the shredded cheese, then pour the dip mixture into a casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the shredded cheese, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Once you have everything combined in the baking dish, it only takes about 10 minutes to bake in the oven at 425F.
Yes! You can use any enchilada sauce you like, so feel free to pick up a jar/can of it to save some time.
Once it’s cooked, just take two forks and pull them through the chicken in opposite directions.
How do you reheat chicken enchilada dip?
There are three ways that you can reheat leftovers of this easy baked chicken enchilada dip recipe:
- Microwave: Spoon the amount of chicken enchilada dip you would like into a microwave safe bowl, cover, and heat for 20-30 seconds until heated through.
- Oven: Place leftovers into a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is warm and bubbling.
- Slow Cooker: Place it in a crockpot on the WARM setting for 1-2 hours, or until heated through. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the it from burning.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use any large baking or casserole dish. You can separate the dip mixture into two separate dishes if needed.
- Store leftover chicken enchilada dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave on oven until warm and bubbling.
- You can use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to save a bit of time.
- Top it off with cilantro, sour cream, slice avocado or guacamole, or anything else you like.
- Serve with tortilla chips or hearty crackers.
How long does this dip last in the fridge?
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. When stored properly, this Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe will keep for up to 4 days! You can eat it cold, straight from the fridge. Or reheat according to the directions above.
Can I freeze baked Chicken Enchilada Dip?
Yes, you can also freeze leftovers, although the texture may change slightly upon defrosting and reheating.
Let the baked dip cook, then place it in a freezer bag for up to 2 months. Once you are ready to bake it, defrost it completely overnight in the fridge. Then add it to a baking dish, and bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
This baked chicken enchilada dip is just so delicious. Nothing’s better than a creamy, cheesy dip. And it’s always a crowd pleaser!
More Chicken Dip Recipes To Try
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip
- BBQ Chicken Dip
- Crack Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Layered Chicken Taco Dip
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Dip
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded mexican blend cheese divided
- Sour cream optional
- Avocado optional
- Cilantro optional
- Tortilla Chips optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place the chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet1 pound boneless
- Brush with olive oil1 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt½ tsp salt
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F
- Allow to cool until it’s easy to handle
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks1 pound boneless
- Combine all enchilada sauce ingredients in a food processor1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Process on high until smooth
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the onion, sauté 3-4 minutes1 small yellow onion
- Pour in the enchilada sauceEnchilada sauce
- Add the garlic, shredded chicken, black beans and cream cheese, mix to combine with sauce2 cloves garlic, 2 cups shredded chicken, ½ cup black beans, 4 oz cream cheese
- Working with a wooden spoon, continue to cook until the cream cheese is mostly melted and mixed into the dip
- Add ½ cup shredded cheese, mix8 oz shredded mexican blend cheese
- Transfer dip to an oven safe baking dish
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F
- Serve dip hot, topped with soup cream, cilantro, avocado and tortilla chips for dippingSour cream, Avocado, Cilantro, Tortilla Chips