This Enchilada Dip, is a creamy, cheesy, super tasty crowd pleaser! Avocado, cream cheese, sour cream, cilantro, black beans and juicy shredded chicken marry up to make this a really delicious dip, one that’ll have everybody coming back for more. Get dipping!
This Chicken Enchilada Dip is a multi layered, ooey gooey, cheesy bowl of unadulterated yumminess! Perfect for a party, game night or stationed between the couch and a good movie! Grab some nachos and get ready to indulge.
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Dip
How Should I Store Leftover Enchilada Dip?
Store baked enchilada dip in the fridge in an airtight container. When stored properly in the fridge this Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe will keep for up to 4 days.
Can I Reheat This Dip?
There are three ways that you can re-warm this easy baked chicken enchilada dip recipe:
- You can re-warm the enchilada dip in the microwave. Simply spoon the amount of chicken enchilada dip you would like into a microwave safe bowl, cover, and heat for 20-30 seconds until heated through.
- You can warm the enchilada dip by baking it in the over. Place the chicken enchilada dip into a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is warm and bubbling.
- You could rewarm the enchilada dip in a crockpot on the WARM setting for 1-2 hours, or until heated through. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the enchilada dip from burning.
Can I Freeze Chicken Enchilada Dip?
Yes, but best to mix the dip together and not bake it. Next, place the baked dip in a freezer bag for up to 2 months. Once you are ready to bake it defrost it completely either in the fridge over-night or running it under water for 30 minutes. Once the baked dip is completely defrosted, add it to a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Top Tips For Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Leftover Storage – Store leftover dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Re-heating Instructions – Re-heat leftovers in the microwave on oven until warm and bubbling.
- You can use rotisserie chicken.
- Top with cilantro, sour cream and guac. Serve with tortilla chips
Check Out These Other Great Party Food Ideas
If you have tried this chicken enchilada dip recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded mexican blend cheese divided
- Sour cream optional
- Avocado optional
- Cilantro optional
- Tortilla Chips optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place the chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet
- Brush with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F
- Allow to cool until it’s easy to handle
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks
- Combine all enchilada sauce ingredients in a food processor
- Process on high until smooth
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the onion, sauté 3-4 minutes
- Pour in the enchilada sauce
- Add the garlic, shredded chicken, black beans and cream cheese, mix to combine with sauce
- Working with a wooden spoon, continue to cook until the cream cheese is mostly melted and mixed into the dip
- Add ½ cup shredded cheese, mix
- Transfer dip to an oven safe baking dish
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F
- Serve dip hot, topped with soup cream, cilantro, avocado and tortilla chips for dipping