If you’re interested in making a restaurant-style meal from home, you’ll love this easy and flavorful Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp recipe. It’s full of flavor and fulfilling!
Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp
Combine two incredible sources of protein – chicken and shrimp, in this simple meal paired with red potatoes and mushrooms. It’s a satisfying meal perfect for seafood lovers interested in a combo meal. Season your chicken and shrimp to perfection, prepare it in the skillet, and serve it while it’s hot, fresh, and ready to devour!
Why You’ll Love This Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp Copycat Recipe:
- It’s delicious: If you’ve been to Applebees and have had this meal before, you know how good it tastes. Now, you can make it at home, and it’s going to taste even better!
- It’s super easy: Who says you need to have major cooking skills to make a meal that tastes like dining in at a restaurant? No matter your experience level in the kitchen, this meal is easy to prepare.
- It’s perfect for any occasion: Whether you’re having dinner with the family or a date night with your partner, this meal is great for just about any occasion you can think of.
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that this is a copycat recipe for an existing dish. Applebee’s is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
Enjoy the wholesome taste of this flavorful homemade meal. When you prepare the Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp, you can expect to feel like you’re dining in at the restaurant while in the comfort of your home.
How to Make Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine your cajun seasoning with sugar and salt.
- Drizzle olive oil over your chicken and shrimp before coating them with the seasoning blend.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add your garlic to the hot skillet, and saute.
- Toss your shrimp into the skillet with the melted butter and sauteed garlic, cooking until done.
- Remove shrimp, wipe the skillet with a clean paper towel, and toss your chicken into the skillet, cooking for 12-18 minutes before tossing with shrimp and garlic sauce and serving with your garlic mashed red potatoes and the sauteed mushrooms and onions that you can add on top.
Yes, Cajun seasoning is spicy because it contains cayenne pepper. The level of spiciness can vary from brand to brand, so be sure to test yours before using it.
Frozen shrimp work great here. Be sure to let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight before marinading.
For the best flavor, I really recommend it. But you can marinate them for as little as 2 hours.
For the true Applebee’s experience, serve this chicken and shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms and onions.
While the mushrooms and onions are optional, they add even more flavor to this dish and are worth pairing with your chicken and shrimp. If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, you can omit them and use the sauteed onions instead.
Store leftover Bourbon Street chicken and shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze leftover chicken and shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Make It A Meal
- For an authentic Applebee’s experience, serve this dish with garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms and onions.
- This dish would also be great with dirty rice and beans or over garlicky pasta.
Skip the trip to the restaurant, save money, and enjoy an incredible meal at home with this amazing dish. The Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp recipe is as simple as it gets, leaving you with the most enjoyable meal to serve to your loved ones.
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp Recipe
- ¼ cup Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined (tails on or off)
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter divided (½ stick)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Garlic butter for serving
- Garlic mashed red potatoes for serving
- Sautéed mushrooms and onions for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, and salt. Set a plate and a large piece of aluminum foil aside.¼ cup Cajun seasoning, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the chicken and shrimp in two separate medium bowls. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then sprinkle the Cajun seasoning blend over and toss to evenly coat all of the pieces. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator, allowing it to marinate for 2-24 hours.4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 pound large shrimp, ¼ cup olive oil
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.¼ cup unsalted butter, 3 cloves garlic
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1-3 minutes per side, or until seared and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet, place on the plate, and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the remaining butter and oil together. Sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, then place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook until 165°F inside, 12-18 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and shrimp with the remaining garlic butter sauce to a serving plate. Garnish with parsley and serve with more garlic butter, garlic mashed potatoes, and sautéed mushrooms and onions.Garlic butter, Garlic mashed red potatoes, Sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Storage: Store bourbon street chicken and shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Note: Nutritional information does not include garlic mashed potatoes or sautéed mushrooms and onions.