These air fryer chicken taquitos are stuffed with corn, black beans, jalapeños, an array of seasonings, and of course, chicken. They’re delicious, fun appetizers you’ll love serving at any party!
Air Fried Chicken Taquitos with Avocado Salsa
Crunchy, air fried perfection on the outside, creamy, flavor packed chicken and veggies on the inside – every bite of these chicken taquitos is more satisfying than the last!
It’s time to toss out that old box of frozen taquitos you have hiding in the fridge. Instead of heating up those lackluster things, make these unforgettable air fried chicken taquitos with homemade avocado salsa!
This appetizer is bound to steal the spotlight from whatever the main course is. They really have it all! The texture is perfect (thank you, air fryer!), the flavor is rich with seasonings like cumin and chili powder, and the salsa is fresh and perfectly complimentary to the hearty taquitos.
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos Recipe:
- Satisfying: The only downside to these taquitos is just how satisfying and hearty they are. Be careful, because before you know it, you’ll have your fill of these delicious appetizers and not be hungry for dinner!
- Air fryer recipe: Really, what’s easier to make than an air fryer recipe?! I love making these taquitos in the air fryer because they turn out perfect every single time. The best part? No grease!
- The avocado salsa: Once you make this fresh green salsa, you’ll have a very hard time ever going back to the jarred store-bought stuff again.
How to make Chicken Taquitos in an Air Fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Boil and shred the chicken.
- Mix the corn, black beans, jalapeños, half the green chilis, half the red onion, cumin, chili powder, and pepper to the chicken. Stir everything together.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, and lime juice.
- Mix both bowls together.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet.
- Add the creamy chicken mix to the center of a warmed tortilla, then tightly roll into a taquito.
- Place taquitos in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes, turning halfway.
- Create the avocado salsa by mashing together all of the ingredients.
- Let the taquitos cool for at least 2 minutes before serving.
What if my taquitos aren’t fully cooked in 8 minutes?
Just like ovens, all air fryers can be a bit different, and sometimes temperamental.
If after 8 minutes of air frying, they’re not as crispy as you’d like them to be, just flip them and air fry for an additional 2 minutes. At that point, they should be very crispy without being burned!
Avoid air frying them for too long, that way the tortilla doesn’t burn and the creamy chicken filling doesn’t dry out.
Can air fried chicken taquitos be frozen?
Oh, these are the BEST make-ahead freezer appetizers!
In an airtight container in the freezer, these taquitos will stay fresh and delicious for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to serve the chicken taquitos, all you need to do is pop them back in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F. They’ll be just as crunchy, creamy and flavor packed as when you first made them!
How long do they stay fresh in the refrigerator?
In an airtight container in the fridge, these Mexican-inspired appetizers will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
To reheat them, just place them back in the air fryer at 400°F for 2-3 minutes.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Spice things up by tossing in extra jalapeños! If you leave the seeds of the jalapeños in the mix, it’ll increase the heat by a lot.
- You can boil and shred the chicken breasts, but it’s even easier to just buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that instead. It’ll save you the boiling time!
- If you have any leftover avocado salsa, make a batch of Tequila Lime Tortilla Chips to serve with it!
These air fried chicken taquitos with fresh homemade avocado salsa really make the best appetizer! Make a batch today to impress everyone at the party.
More bite sized chicken appetizer recipes we love
- Soy Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
- Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos with Avocado Salsa
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can yellow corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1 can diced green chilis drained and divided
- ½ red onion diced and divided
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 24 corn tortillas
- For the Green Chili Avocado Salsa
- ¼ cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- Prepare the chicken. Add chicken to a pot of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, drain, and shred the chicken. Add to a large mixing bowl. *Rotisserie chicken can be used as well to save time!*
- Add corn, black beans, jalapenos, half of the green chilis, half of the red onion, cumin, chili powder, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk cream cheese, sour cream, and juice from 1 lime. Pour into the bowl with chicken and stir well.
- Heat tortillas on a skillet 30 seconds per side, or until pliable. *Life hack, place tortillas onto a plate as you heat them and cover with a bowl to lock in the heat.* Add 3 tbsp of chicken mix to the center of each tortilla and spread down the middle in a line. Tightly roll into a taquito and set aside. Repeat 23 times.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400*
- Place taquitos into the air fryer basket. Spray taquitos lightly with avocado or canola oil. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- While the taquitos are cooking, prepare avocado salsa. Add sliced avocado, remaining green chilis, red onion, cilantro, salt, and lime juice to a small bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocados and mix ingredients.
- Remove taquitos from the air fryer and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Serve with avocado salsa and enjoy!
- Freeze extra taquitos and reheat again in air fryer 5 minutes at 400* when ready to eat.
- Use any extra southwest chicken as a yummy dip with tortilla chips.
- Makes 24 taquitos.